Monday, April 21, 2008

Off to a Land Far Far Away

I am sitting in our 99% emptied apartment prepared for the first leg of our adventure. We have packed up and stored our apartment in 2 oversized wooden crates that now rest out in front of 20 Bigelow Street. I am filled with feelings of nervousness and excitement for what lies ahead. It is an exhilarating experience to have come this far with our planning and preparation to move to a developing country for 3 months. In actuality I have been devoted to this idea from when I first started graduate school to become a physical therapist. I came across the Cornerstone Foundation on a web search for latin american countries looking for volunteer physical therapist. It seemed like an ideal fit and now here we are... off to San Ignacio, Belize. The following is a link to the organization my husband and I will be working for: http://www.peacecorner.org/cornerstone.htm

Here we will chronicle some of the good, bad, and interesting events that will occur over the next few months. Please enjoy our posts and photographs. Comments and questions are very welcomed. Thank you to all who have provided us with undying support, without you we wouldn't have come this far.


~ Betsy ~

No comments: