Saturday, April 26, 2008

Portland


Today it's a sunny day in Portland, OR. We're told that doesn't happen too often here in April, so we're going to take advantage of it with a hike out by Mt. Hood. Yesterday we visited Multnomah Falls and took a short hike up into the hills overlooking the Columbia River. Everything was gorgeous. Our host, Sue Ristau, has been so generous with her time, her home, and her knowledge of the area. It's been a great first visit to the Portland area.

And since my job interview on Thursday seemed to go so well, there's a real good chance Betsy and I will soon be Oregonians. I never thought I'd say that.

1 comment:

Stephen and Susan Ristau said...

Sorry I wasn't here to help with the introduction to Portland and environs but I am looking forward to your return later in the summer. Maybe we'll even get Tim and Pam out for a visit and we can reminisce about the "good old days" in Colchester. I am very glad your interview went well here Karl and am sure that Betsy will have no problem finding something too. Safe journey to Belize.
Steve Ristau